Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Pressure builds

I've barely had a chance to look up from work for the past few days, with the serious countdown now beginning before my classroom floods with students next Monday morning. But it didn't escape me that the Crocodile Hunter died tragically (no link needed here, I suspect). I haven't owned a television for a couple of years, but I remember that, when I did, I'd snuggle up with my (then) six year old daughter to watch him. We liked that guy. He was far too young to die but I suspect if he'd been 84 rather than 44 he'd have been pleased with the way things ended for him.

I also noticed that our national newspaper got hold of a report suggesting that our illustrious prime minister has not only pulled us out of our Kyoto commitments but now thinks that it will take a good five years of brooding and consultations to decide how best to respond to global warming. I suppose I could dwell on the good news that there will be a response, but I can't help thinking it might not be the wisest thing to spend what probably amounts to about 50% of the time we've got left before there are no options left to consider, considering our options.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home