Wednesday, December 06, 2006

warp speed

My life is now moving along at a blistering pace. There aren't enough hours in a day anymore. I know something curious is up when I decline that second glass of wine at dinner so I can get more done in the evening. I can't believe the rate at which interesting opportunities seem to be unfolding before me. Every so often, I worry that this isn't a gigantic burst of synchronicity that's propelling me, but a bad attack of mania. Maybe it's all in my head! What if it all vaporizes and I crash? I'm trying to be ok with that. It's very possible, maybe even probable. I'm trying to recognize that it would come as a relief, in a way. It's tiring holding all these balls up in the air. Hard to imagine some people spend their whole lives living the way I have been for the past six months. Hard also to imagine that, this time last year, the biggest decision of my day was: AM-walk on the beach and PM-write or AM-write and PM-walk on the beach?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't forget to breathe! And although I don't have easy access the beach, I do have a similar choice of activities for my day today: walk and write.

10:31 AM  
Blogger Colin said...

Ach, I'm so jealous Janeen. Never take that freedom for granted. I did squeeze in a walk today, but it was more of a wade through snow to find food for hungry kids. And yes, I'm breathing but only short pauses rather than long sits. Just enough to remind me of what really matters.

12:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home