Tuesday, February 13, 2007

just plain funny

Today, David Suzuki was on campus on a part of his "If you were prime minister" tour . Now don't get me wrong. I love David Suzuki. He's a national treasure. Plus, he looks better at 70 than I looked when I was 35. Plus, I've heard that his family of four puts out one small bag of trash every four weeks. So I probably shouldn't even write this, but here we go. As I puffed up the last hill on the way to my office this morning, I saw a gigantic bus parked outside the building beside mine, idling in the cold, smoke billowing right into the front door of the building. I had to dodge around the bus to get to my own stop but my scowling and coughing turned quickly to laughter when I saw the giant Suzuki head emblazoned on the bus -- his tour bus. To his credit, the driver shut the bus down a few seconds later. I'm not sure if he saw me, or if it was just a coincidence. I have deep suspicions, though. Poor bus driver had to sit out there and freeze for an hour and a half.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home