Saturday, March 31, 2007

Easter gin

After a couple of days of craving the end of the week, email discussions with my beloved spouse (we have what I'm calling an asynchronous marriage these days) about the prospect of martinis, I scurried off to the local liquor emporium to peruse the gin section. They've cleverly placed it in front of a huge floor to ceiling window so that the light can twinkle through the beautiful coloured bottles. Liquor stores in Ontario have the sweeping lines, high ceilings, and reverent clientele of a new kind of cathedral these days. My breath was taken away by the glorious form of a bottle of Tanqueray No 10, and my return to equilibrium was slowed by the little promo card that advertised this product as the perfect Easter gin because of the bouquet of fresh botanicals. It'd be a lovely thing to get in my Easter basket indeed. Even better than a chocolate Jesus with very un-Ken-like anatomy, though, if I could have it all, I'd want both.

1 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

Lord, you're having a bad day. Just drink. Not too much. Just, drink.

11:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home