Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Things to do while waiting for the moving truck to appear

Not that I'm thinking about joining an intentional community (yet) but I've been doing a bunch of the personality tests that are required to join an eco-reality community on the gulf islands in BC (one of the places I hope that I may end up). Seems I'm some kind of unique combination of Mahatma Gandhi and Genghis Khan, with perhaps a soupcon of Eleanor Roosevelt thrown in for good measure. As a psychologist, this doesn't surprise me. Also, as a psychologist, it suggests that I have somehow landed in the ideal profession by nothing but luck. Or was it luck? Given this, I'm not sure what role I would be suited for in such a community. Perhaps I could be in charge of exiling those who don't pull their weight, all the while providing calm counsel and graceful succour so they don't break back in and murder us all. One of my daughters is reading Sybil for a school project. She may have some insight.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! The Gulf Islands in BC. I'm there. I've always thought that would be a good place to retire.

1:53 PM  
Blogger Colin said...

If you do, and you come across a gnarly old blissed out hippie with a big sword in his hand, that'll be me. Behave.

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home