Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Happy hammers

I ran past a Habitat for Humanity build site this morning. There must've been close to 50 people hammering, yelling, laughing, standing in clusters in colour coded overalls. You could see a house springing from the ground like a butterfly emerging from a cocoon in a time lapse film. It was awe inspiring, hope building, spectacularly encouraging.

On the return leg, as I ran past the massive Sun Life parking lot, two young guys roared past me in a big Yukon, almost cutting my legs off at the knees in their urgency to get a good spot in the half full lot so they could get inside the building and get busy turning down claims.

Oh well.

I've got other news, too, but I'll sit on this for a bit.

But here's a hint.

"Start spreadin' the news....."

1 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

Re: the as yet untold news.....YEA!!!!!!!!!!!

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home