Thursday, January 04, 2007

Here we go

Inspired titles on these posts.....

It's a new year and I'm settling back into a work routine that I must say is quite relaxing compared to life on the home front. The mother of my children and I continue to stare at each other every evening, dumbfounded, not quite sure how to maintain any semblance of real life in the face of these two toddlers whose energy levels continue to ramp up. It's like living with the Roadrunner and Taz (they alternate roles). I swear you can see the little animation speedlines around them.

My worklife this term should be different -- less teaching and more writing, thinking, developing. Things have gotten off to a nice start. A random meeting on my street yesterday with an interesting artist turned up a gazillion new tangents for me to explore. Like this one. And this. It's funny how, when you're deeply involved in some kind of adventure, you begin to think that everything that happens to you is somehow connected to it, as if the universe is leaning into you, egging you on, like a great mother putting a gentle hand into the small of your back and giving a little push.

I know I should say a little more her about this and that, but I did just promise myself that I would shut my office door and spend the last hour here getting a bit of writing done. So here I go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home