Thursday, June 07, 2007

Winding down

I had a funny thing happen on Friday. You may have noticed that, like most people, I have a site counter on this blog -- I like to keep track of where my readers come from. Over the past week, I noticed a decided upsurge in readership, but much of it was coming from one IP address, not far from here. I, of course, became intensely curious about this person who seemed to be logging on several times a day and who ALWAYS seemed to be on when I was on. Can you hear it coming yet? It took me about three days to realize that (I guess when a version had changed on the meter) the meter had started logging visits from my IP. So, the moral? My biggest fan is.....me! This, and some comments I read last week about blogging in general, suggesting that what we're doing is finding a way to authenticate ourselves by saying 'publicly' all of the things that we couldn't just verbalize to friends because then we'd come off as self-absorbed, has led me to my conclusion.

I'm sure all four of you will be gobsmacked by this, but I'm going to wind down with this blog. I think that my architectural/climatic/spatial rants probably have a place, but that place is not here. I have to marshal my time and energies.

This will be my last post here. I'll leave the archive as I think that some of it is actually pretty good writing and, as my own biggest fan, I do enjoy reading some of it from time to time.

As far as I know, the book promo blog will start up sometime in June. I won't link to it from here, but if anyone who reads here would like the address, just drop me a line via email and I'll let you know when it goes live.

I've enjoyed the experience of writing this, and some of the people I've met through it and the comments. I've also been fascinated by some of the longtime readers from places I've never visited who have chosen to remain anonymous. I like that you seem to like what I say, and imagine we would be good friends if we met.

This blog has led me to some....very....interesting.....experiences. It's been fun.

A bientot.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

One thing I deeply enjoyed about this blog was its honesty. The manner in which you expressed your surprise (and insecurity) throughout the exciting career events that have transpired this year was deeply refreshing. As you write your new blog under your real name (and I gather under the pretense of expertise), don't forget this most endearing quality The Sky.

8:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I swear I've been checking in more often than this, but I just now figured out that you are quitting, and to that I say, waaaaaaa! How will I know what you are up to? I'm sorry, but your resignation is not accepted.

7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home