Saturday, December 29, 2007

Random tidbits gleaned from the Internet

I've self-diagnosed the wrist pain I've been suffering from since November, following a curious incident in which I managed to misjudge the edge of a curb and splatter dramatically into the middle of a road, backpack going one way, laptop another, willowy young arts student to the rescue (and I'm so mature now that I didn't even exaggerate my plight to get her to stay at my side for longer). I think I have a small tear of my triangular fibrocartilage complex. This may or may not resolve by itself. If I re-injure it by dropping my corpulent bulk on it from a great height while attempted to X-country ski, then I may be finishing my book by dictation.

Second, we've been looking for a venue for my fiftieth birthday party, and I've just discovered that my new age will render me eligible for a whole slew of new privileges, including access to the party rooms at a senior's centre, which even throws in the coffee maker. I can also join a carpet bowling or mall walking club. This is so cool.... My first thought was that I should show up for a meeting sometime to scare the crap out of the regular clientele. And then I thought.....what....if.....I....fit.....right.....in........?

Eek.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home