Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I made it

All teeth still intact (those gums, though) and, you know, I only feel a couple of days older than when I was 49. It was a great weekend. I saw all of my siblings in the same room for something other than a funeral. This is a rare event. I had the pleasure of seeing most of my favourite people in my house, all at the same time, being served delicious canapes by a man in a bowtie. I even got to spend a few minutes with one of my oldest friends -- haven't seen him for years and years and he made a long drive to give me a hug.

It occurred to me the next morning that 50 is really the last landmark birthday where people make fun of you for aging. The next ones (60, 65, etc.) are the ones where they start really lying and tell you how well you're looking. Only one person at my party told me I looked really good for my age, and she was exceedingly intoxicated. There are so many ways I could take that.

I wish I could think of something more interesting than any of this to say, but not today. You've logged in on a bad day. As my oldest daughter (who turned 21 today) would say, "sorry about your luck."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home