Saturday, January 12, 2008

Tea party

It's one of those busy single dad mornings where my wife goes off to work while I stay home to tend the brood. My attention is somewhat divided at this moment by two little children (Thing 1 and Thing 2, we've taken to calling them) squealing around the room looking for any sugar that they can find. They woke me up this morning by bouncing up and down on the bed, announcing that they had prepared a tea party for me, and I just needed to hoist myself out of repose, pay my money (!) and get my 'tea'. Tea turned out to be generous portions of soy milk and an entire six foot long dining table covered with every form of cookie, cracker, granola bar, dried fruit, and apple sauce that they were able to find. I tried to explain gently that there was no way we could actually eat all of this food. They looked a bit crestfallen at first, but when they discovered they were allowed to chug down all the Gatorade they had found (not clear where this came from) then they were ok with it.

Given the circumstances, that's about as profound a set of utterances as you'll get out of me today. But I'm madly hoping to write a little entry in the book blog so look over there if you want some mental stimulation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home