Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Death of a title

We've been scooped on book title. The most frustrating part of this is that I think the title works better for my book than it does for his. I guess it could have been worse, considering his release date is within a couple of weeks of my original but now postponed date -- there would have been massive confusion if two books with the same title and a somewhat resemblant subtitle (despite diverging content) had come out at the same time. As a rookie, I imagine I'd have been clobbered.

Still anyone stumbling across this site who has a brilliant idea for a title for this book please do chime in. I'll be here, nursing wounds, regrouping, getting blood back in my head.

Actually, tonight I'm going to hear this guy, with whom I share an editor. I imagine this will take my mind off my woes for a little bit. And if that doesn't work, I've topped up the wine equilibrium.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, that sucks! I agree, the title works better for your book. Don't worry, you will come up with something really great.

4:37 PM  
Blogger Colin said...

God, I hope so. What do you think of "Are you there?" My other idea was "Why ants don't get lost at the mall" but I wondered if this was a bit flippant given the content. I can write books but I can't think of titles...

4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home