Saturday, May 03, 2008

Sloughing off the slough

Between the extraordinary heat (trade winds, my ass) and the average of 10 shots of rum/day (est.) on vacation last week, you can imagine what has happened to my spring drive for health. Just walking from the fridge to the pool was exertion enough to bring on a palpitation or two. I haven't run for about 10 days and have barely left the house for the last 3. It's had a huge impact on my mood. It felt good to go for a long romp in the park with my son this afternoon, even though I could feel the 5 lb weight gain. Whether tonight's social soiree -- a birthday party where we will know nobody but the birthday girl -- will help or hinder remains to be seen. Tomorrow morning, though, I'll need to be doing the Shrek Schlump down that little trail again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home